Job Title:Graphic Designer/Illustrator
Reports To: Art Director
We’re looking for a Graphic Designer who can help us continue to evolve our product lines and brand identity. As Graphic Designer, you will work to develop new visual artwork for our products and develop designs for all aspects of our visuals, including the website, social media, emails, print collateral, packaging, advertising, and other brand assets. It's a fast-paced environment, and we need someone with the capacity to come up with new ideas while juggling multiple projects at once. In short, we're looking for a design superstar who is excited about jumping in and taking on new responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs graphics for company products to include but not limited to accessories, artwork, and apparel.
- Gathers component information, measurements, and mockups to assist with specification packages for the organization.
- Communicate with manufacturers to prepare and develop tech packages of product designs.
- Maintain overall corporate look throughout the product, sales collateral, social media, and website; reviews current and future market trends.*
- Communicate with co-workers, freelancers, manufacturers, and printers in both verbal and written format on a daily basis.
- Takes digital photographs for product and sales resources; prepares photos for final use using computer aided resources.
- Edit video and create motion graphics pieces.
- Prepares product and sales art files to be print ready; checks the press as required.
- Performs research on the internet into products, materials, and photograph research.
- Partner with E-commerce Manager to maintain website, email marketing and social media outlets including but not limited to Company’s blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram*
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Communication Design or related field)
- 3-4 years of design experience
- Strong sense of what’s trending, balanced with a strong sense of market demands
- Highly organized self-starter with extreme attention to detail
- Strong sense and use of typography, illustration, and hand lettering skills
- Discerning eye for photo editing, cropping, and compositing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Collaborative, flexible team member with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You like flexibility and ownership; you appreciate process, but don’t mind if it doesn’t exist sometimes.
- Big pluses: video/motion graphics; coding/CMS experience/understanding; photography; retouching
Mulberry & Grand is an equal opportunity employer. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
To apply for this position, please send an email along with a copy of your resume AND portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.