The Billie Flat Brim Hat
This ultra structured wool felt rancher has minimal finishings and a thin tonal grosgrain band.
- Satin lining
- Adjustable inner velcro strap for sizing.
How to Care for Your Flat Brim Hat
- Designate a clean flat surface that can withstand heat
- Use your iron on steamer setting and lightly brush the hot air around the brim, on both side
- While still hot lay on flat clean surface you designated
- Push down on the brim to make it flatter (tip: use heavy books to get the brim really flat)
- Within 5 minutes your brim should be flat
- Repeat process if necessary
- Use a soft brush such as an unused soft-bristled toothbrush or a hat brush specifically for felt hats
- Start on one side of the hat and work your way around with short, gentle counter clockwise strokes along the direction of the fabrics nap to maintain the materials integrity while removing dust, dirt, and lint
- For any stained area of the hat, you can carefully dab it and spot clean with a slightly damp cloth or sponge (such as a makeup sponge). Make sure it's not to wet
- To absorb and remove oily stains caused by hair products, makeup, lotions or body oils, sprinkle the stained area with cornstarch and leave for at least a couple of hours
- Repeat any or all of these steps if necessary